Enjoy all the flavors of a black forest cake in the form of a milkshake, so easy to whip up and tastes super yum!
Black forest cake, a decadent and moist chocolate cake filled with whipped cream frosting and cherry topping, is one of my all time favorites. However, getting one from the store would mean getting out in the heat.
Plan B, make it at home!
That would take almost an hour with the prep and baking. Why not make a black forest inspired treat which would take less than 5 minutes, provided you have frozen pitted cherries and ice-cream. Intrigued ?? Well here is my take on a black forest milkshake that is a breeze to prepare and has all the flavors of a classic black forest cake.
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE BLACK FOREST MILKSHAKE
You will need a few ingredients to make this easy milkshake recipe.
- Pitted cherries, fresh or frozen
- Ice cream (vanilla or chocolate flavored)
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
Once you assemble your ingredients, throw it all in the blender and blend to your desired thickness, adjust with milk if required. easy peasy!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE BEVERAGES
HOW TO MAKE BLACK FOREST MILKSHAKE?
Black Forest Milkshake
Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml
- 3/4 cup frozen cherries pitted
- 3 scoops vanilla/ chocolate ice cream
- 1/4-1/2 cup chilled milk, adjust as per desired thickness
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, cherries & chocolate sprinkles, for garnish (optional)
- Place the first 5 ingredients in the blender, liquids first.
- Blend until well combined.
- Pour in the serving glass, top up with whipped cream, cherries and some chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your feedback with photos and suggestions to me at [email protected]
Please feel free to share your feedback with photos and suggestions to me at [email protected]
You can also follow me on :
Facebook @ Aromaticessence
Pinterest @ Aromatic Essence
Instagram @ aromatic_essence77
Twitter @ freda_dias