This luscious, creamy and delicious, thick mango lassi, an Indian version of a mango smoothie, requires only a few ingredients and tastes heavenly! Deliciousness in a glass!
Mango lassi is essentially an Indian mango yogurt drink. You should definitely make the most of the mango season by making this really easy mango lassi recipe. But even if mangoes are not in season, you can still enjoy this lassi by using canned mango pulp, or frozen mango pulp easily available in Indian stores. Alphonso mangoes are undoubtedly the best to make milkshakes, lassi’s or any kind of mango based desserts.
Table of Contents
MANGO LASSI INGREDIENTS
Indian mango lassi is made by blending yogurt, mangoes, sugar and some milk and is usually flavored with cardamom powder. Lassi is a perfect beverage to beat the summer heat, it is cooling and refreshing!
A savory lassi is made by blending yogurt, water, salt and spices such as roasted cumin. It is generally consumed along with meals in India.
Then there is sweet lassi, with added sugar and flavorings such as cardamom, kewra water, rose water etc. The sweet lassi is topped with some fresh cream. Nothing beats a tall glass of lassi, be it the plain sweet lassi, rose lassi, mango flavored lassi or any other kind of lassi. I love ’em all!
To make this mango lassi recipe, I have used canned Alphonso mango pulp which also gives a gorgeous yellow hue to this lassi drink. The pulp is already sweetened, though I still added about 2 tbsp of honey. Feel free to add sugar or any natural sweetener as per your desired sweetness.
I am sure, by now you guys know that I love mangoes, considering the number of posts that I have published related to mangoes 🙂 This is just another of my favorite drinks!
If you enjoyed this mango lassi drink | aam lassi, here are some more delicious recipes using canned mango pulp. Feel free to substitute the pulp with fresh mangoes
- Mango falooda
- Mango Parfait
- Eggless Mango Cake
- Eggless Mango Semolina Cupcake
- Mango Cream
- Pune’s Mango Mastani (Thick mango milkshake)
- Mango Swirl Ice cream
How to make Indian mango lassi with pulp?
1.In a blender, add 2 cups chilled yogurt, 2 cups mango pulp, or fresh chopped mango pieces, 1/2 tsp cardamom powder (optional)
1/4 cup cane sugar (depends on the sweetness of the mangoes), ice cubes (optional), 1/4 cup milk and blend until smooth and frothy. Check for sweetness and add more sweetener if required, if it is too thick for you, add few more tablespoons of milk and blend once again.
2.Serve chilled in tall glasses, garnish with slivered almonds/pistachios, more cardamom if desired and mint leaves. Or you may refrigerate the mango lassi until ready to serve.
HOW TO MAKE MANGO LASSI RECIPE?
Mango Lassi Recipe (Using Mango Pulp) | How To Make Mango Lassi
- 2 cups chilled dahi/yogurt
- 2 cups mango pulp, or fresh mangoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder, optional
- 1/4 cup cane sugar/honey/agave nectar, adjust as per desired sweetness, depends on the sweetness of the mangoes
- Ice cubes, optional
- 1/4 cup milk, or as required to adjust the consistency
- Mint leaves and slivered almonds, for garnish
- In a blender, add the first 6 ingredients and blend until smooth and frothy. Check for sweetness and add more sweetener if required, if it is too thick for you, add few more tablespoons of milk and blend once again.
- Serve chilled in tall glasses, garnish with slivered almonds/pistachios, more cardamom if desired and mint leaves. Or you may refrigerate the mango lassi until ready to serve.
PIN IT FOR LATER
I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your feedback with photos and suggestions to me at [email protected]
You can also follow me on :