This fruit custard with jelly | layered jelly and custard is a delicious dessert, that is so easy to whip up and requires no fancy ingredients! Treat your guests with this simple yet impressive dessert!
I have such fond memories of Fruit custard with jelly! This dessert was a regular affair at my place, my mom made this mostly on Sunday’s to treat us something sweet after a scrumptious meal 🙂 My sister was never fond of custard, so I always ended up having her share !!
I served this dessert as jelly custard cups because it does look fancy. Another way of serving it is to place the custard and set jelly in separate bowls. You could mix the chopped fruits in the custard and let it chill, or serve the fruits separately too. And let your guests take as much custard and jelly as they want.
Table of Contents
ENJOYED THIS FRUIT CUSTARD WITH JELLY? THEN YOU MUST ALSO TRY THESE SIMILAR DESSERT RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE FRUIT CUSTARD WITH JELLY | LAYERED JELLY AND CUSTARD | JELLY CUSTARD?
Fruit Custard With Jelly | Layered Jelly & Custard
Measuring cup used, 1 Cup = 250 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tbsp custard powder, vanilla flavor, or any other flavor of your choice
- 3 to 4 tbsp sugar or as per desired sweetness
- 1 Jell dessert packet
- 1.5 cups of chopped assorted fruits, I used mixed berries, grapes & kiwis
- Prepare Jelly as per package instructions. Keep it aside to set. Once it is lukewarm, pour about 1/4 cup in serving glasses or bowl. Leave it to set completely in the refrigerator.
- To prepare the custard: Dissolve the custard powder in about 1/4 cup of milk (room temperature/cold), mix well to form a smooth paste. Set aside. Boil in the remaining milk along with the sugar in a saucepan. Add the prepared custard paste in the boiling milk and heat further for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously. To avoid the skin on top of the custard, place a cling wrap on the surface of the custard before it sets. Refrigerate it until further use.
- To assemble: pour about 3 tablespoons of the custard over the set jelly, top with some chopped fruits.
PIN IT FOR LATER
Post updated with new pics.
I hope you enjoyed this simple vanilla custard with jelly, presented in a fancy way!
I would love to hear from you if you try it out! Please feel free to share your feedback with photos and suggestions to me at [email protected]
You can also follow me on,
Facebook @ Aromaticessence
Pinterest @ Aromatic Essence
Instagram @ aromatic_essence77
Twitter @ freda_dias