This vegan Yogurt Parfait makes for an easy and delicious breakfast, perfect for those busy mornings! Layers of creamy yogurt, crunchy granola, and fruit compote all mingle together in this incredibly easy breakfast parfait recipe.
Hello Folks! How are you keeping up with your New Year’s resolution? As for me, I really don’t like to make resolutions, especially when it is diet-related because honestly, I can never stick to them. But I do make a conscious effort to keep a tab on what I eat, and I allow myself some cheat days here and there.
It’s said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. That’s why I love to begin my day on a feel-good note and this yogurt granola parfait with fruit and granola is a great choice for a healthy and filling breakfast.
Having said that, why limit it just for breakfast? this yogurt granola parfait is an excellent option for a healthy snack or an awesome quick-fix to satiate those sudden dessert cravings.
Table of Contents
Breakfast parfait with granola and fruit compote
Technically, this isn’t even a recipe, as all you need to do is layer the 3 ingredients, i.e
- Fruit compote/diced fruits of choice
I wanted to do more with the beautiful berries rather than just throwing them in there, so I made a little berry compote sweetened with maple syrup.
The resultant mixed berry compote also adds so much flavor to the overall parfait and complements the yogurt really well. The layered parfait looks so gourmet-ish! Don’t you agree?
If you have frozen fruits, I’d highly recommend making a compote for this parfait.
Hosting a brunch or a party? How about a yogurt parfait bar?
A yogurt parfait bar is great for a crowd because it is easy for your guests to customize their own parfait. Consider having these options,
- Different kinds of yogurt, vanilla yogurt (plain/Greek), fat-free, low-fat, less-sugar, flavored yogurt, non-dairy yogurt, etc
- Seasonal fruits
- Various flavors of granola, or muesli
- Dried fruits
- Sweeteners like maple syrup, honey, etc
- Jams or jellies
- Fruit compote
- Lemon curd
We love this yogurt and granola parfait, as it is packed with so much texture and flavor. You have the creamy yogurt layer, followed by the jammy, delicious berry compote, and finally the crunchy, and crispy granola. It is like a party of flavors going on in your mouth. Yummy!
Is yogurt granola parfait really healthy?
This totally depends on the source of the parfait, whether it is store-bought or homemade. Beware of the store-bought ones as they are higher in sugars and fats.
The granola you use may contain unnecessary ingredients which will do you no good. Make your own homemade granola, it is easier than you think, and you will never return to buying that stuff again.
Try my homemade granola recipe, it is easily adaptable and can be customized to use whatever ingredients you have at hand.
Best yogurt for parfait
You can use any kind of yogurt you like to make this fruit, granola and yogurt parfait. Plain or Greek yogurt are both good options, just that the parfait made with Greek yogurt will be a little thicker.
You can also use flavored yogurt to match the fruit you use, for instance, peach flavored yogurt and diced peaches for the parfait, but keep in mind that flavored yogurt has a higher amount of sugar.
For a low sugar yogurt option, opt for plain Greek yogurt or less-sugar Greek yogurt, for a low-fat/fat-free option, you can use fat-free Greek yogurt or 2% Greek yogurt.
For this recipe here, I’ve used a non-dairy yogurt to keep it vegan-friendly. The coconut milk yogurt and coconut maple granola were a perfect match in this parfait.
Best granola for yogurt parfait
Again, this is totally up to you. Feel free to use whatever you like. I like to use my homemade maple coconut granola for these parfaits. I always have some stocked up in the pantry, it is so good, that I enjoy munching on it as such!
If you opt for the store-bought granola, make sure to read the nutritional labels and check for the sugar and fat content.
Is make-ahead yogurt parfait a good idea?
You can make this overnight yogurt granola parfait, BUT leave out the granola. Top the parfait with granola just before serving, or else the granola is going to lose all its crunch and turn soggy.
You will love this yogurt and fruit parfait with granola because
- It is really simple to put together plus looks gorgeous with all those layers
- A great grab-and-go breakfast option, just top with granola before serving. You can layer the fruit and yogurt in your go-to container or a Mason jar.
- Easy to customize using various fruits, yogurt, and granola, so you don’t get bored of the same thing.
- Most of all, it is homemade, and you know what goes into it, making it a healthy breakfast choice.
How to make yogurt granola parfait – Step by step instructions
(Printable recipe card below instructions)
Step 1: Prepare the mixed berry compote
Add2 cups of fresh or frozen mixed berries, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, along with a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan, mix well, cook on medium-high heat until the mixture begins to boil. Then reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens and almost reduces to half, about 15 minutes.
Transfer the compote to a bowl or Mason jar, let it cool completely, then cover and refrigerate until you are ready to assemble the parfait.
Step 2: Layer the breakfast berry parfait
In a serving glass, layer 1/2 cup yogurt at the bottom, smooth it out. Next, add about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mixed berry compote, followed by 1/4 cup of granola.
Repeat, until you almost reach the rim of the glass. Top with fresh berries and garnish with mint leaves (optional). Serve immediately. Enjoy your own homemade, DIY yogurt parfait!
- Use your favorite yogurt and granola if not vegan. You can also swap the maple syrup with honey.
★ If you try this healthy yogurt and fruit parfait recipe, I would love to hear from you! I’d appreciate it if you could rate and leave a review below in the comments. Your reviews help others know the recipe better too. Feel free to share your feedback and suggestions at [email protected] Thanks so much 🙂
Yogurt Parfait With Granola And Fruit Compote (Vegan)
- 2 cups non-dairy yogurt, of choice, I used plain coconut milk yogurt
- 1 cup of your favorite vegan granola
- mint sprigs optional, for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh mixed berries, divided
Mixed berry compote
- 2 cups fresh/frozen mixed berries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup adjust as per desired sweetness
- Pinch of salt
PREPARE THE BERRY COMPOTE
- Add all the ingredients mentioned for the compote in a medium saucepan, mix well, cook on medium-high heat until the mixture begins to boil. Then reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens and almost reduces to half, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the compote to a bowl or Mason jar, let it cool completely, then cover and refrigerate until you are ready to assemble the parfait.
LAYER THE YOGURT GRANOLA PARFAIT
- In a serving glass, layer 1/2 cup yogurt at the bottom, smooth it out. Next, add about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mixed berry compote, followed by 1/4 cup of granola.
- Repeat, until you almost reach the rim of the glass. Top with fresh berries and garnish with mint leaves (optional). Serve immediately. Enjoy your own homemade, DIY yogurt parfait!