These two ingredient eggless coconut macaroons, bursting with coconut flavor are chewy, delicious, gluten-free and oh so yum! These are so good, you may just want to double a batch every time you make them. Beware! They will disappear no sooner than they are baked 😀
WHAT IS A COCONUT MACAROON?
A macaroon is a small dense cookie made traditionally made with almonds or coconut, egg whites, sugar, and flavorings. It may be decorated with glazed cherries or chocolate.
These two ingredients eggless coconut macaroon, on the other hand, are basically coconut sweetened condensed milk cookies. It is egg-free and perfect to still enjoy macaroons if you have any egg allergies.
These eggless coconut macaroons are a beautiful, toasty, golden brown on the outside and chewy on the inside. Moreover, they are so easy and taste equally delicious.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MACARON AND MACAROONS
Many people confuse macaroons with macarons and vice versa, both are completely different cookies.
The first difference is very obvious in their appearance, macarons are sandwiched between different flavored fillings and macaroons are usually piped or shaped as mounds and baked.
French macarons are light, airy and meringue-based cookies and macaroons are chewy coconut based cookies.
Macarons need some expertise, are slightly tricky to nail! Macaroons, on the other hand, are really easy to pull off!
HOW TO MAKE 2-INGREDIENT SIMPLE MACAROONS?
You only need some shredded desiccated coconut flakes and sweetened condensed milk to make these little treats. Mix these two up, shape into little mounds and bake. That’s all!
I’ve used regular desiccated coconut, which does not make these eggless coconut macaroons cloyingly sweet. If you like it sweeter, use the sweetened shredded coconut.
You don’t need any special expertise to make this, in fact, it’s awesome to get your kids involved in making this. Let them do the mixing or the scooping part. I bet they will enjoy it!
WHAT DO MACAROONS TASTE LIKE?
Macaroons have a slightly crisp exterior, and the texture inside is soft and chewy with a nutty, sweet, coconut flavor.
They are perfect for parties or as a hostess gift. These are also good to satiate your sweet cravings or if you wish to make something quick, these coconut macaroons would be a nice choice. They all come together under 30 minutes from start to finish.
I actually had half of the tin of condensed milk and was wondering what to do with leftover condensed milk. That’s where I came across this recipe for easy coconut macaroon cookies. I already had some shredded coconut in the pantry, so I didn’t waste any time in making these.
These egg-free macaroons turned out to be quite a delight, we savored some for tea time. I have the classic version with egg whites in my Mom’s recipe book, I hope to try that soon and share it with you guys!
There are countless things to make from coconut like curries, chutney’s, crepes, desserts. It is such a common ingredient in Goan cuisine and one that I enjoy cooking with! If you love coconut anything, I’m sure you will enjoy these macaroons too 🙂
IF YOU LOVE THESE EGGLESS COCONUT MACAROONS, YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY THESE COCONUT BASED TREATS
- Bolinhos de coco (Goan coconut and semolina cookies)
- Baath cake (Goan coconut and semolina cake)
- Coconut Toffee
- Crispy coconut cookies
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE EGGLESS COCONUT MACAROONS | 2-INGREDIENT COCONUT MACAROONS
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 180 C. Line a baking tray with Silpat or parchment paper. Set aside. In a bowl, add desiccated coconut and sweetened condensed milk. Mix well with a spatula until the coconut is evenly coated with the condensed milk.
2.Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop out the mixture. Press lightly with the help of your fingers so that they slide out in a defined shape. Transfer to a baking tray. You may use some oil spray on the cookie scoop or tablespoon so that the mixture slides out easily.
Eggless Coconut Macaroons | Two Ingredient Coconut Macaroons
Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml
- 250 grams / 8.8 oz desiccated coconut
- 1/2 can / 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 10 glazed cherries, cut into half (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 180 C. Line a baking tray with Silpat or parchment paper. Set aside. In a bowl, add desiccated coconut and sweetened condensed milk. Mix well with a spatula until the coconut is evenly coated with the condensed milk.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop out the mixture. Press lightly with the help of your fingers so that they slide out in a defined shape. Transfer to a baking tray. You may use some oil spray on the cookie scoop or tablespoon so that the mixture slides out easily.
- Place half a glazed cherry on top of each macaroon. Bake for about 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Keep checking after 12 minutes. It took me around 18 minutes. Transfer onto a wire rack and let it cool. You may drizzle some melted chocolate over the macaroons if desired.
- These were the right sweetness for us. They are not very sweet. If you prefer a sweeter macaroon, you may use sweetened desiccated coconut flakes.
PIN IT FOR LATER
I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to share your feedback with photos and suggestions to me at [email protected]
You can also follow me on :
Facebook @ Aromaticessence
Pinterest @ Aromatic Essence
Instagram @ aromatic_essence77
Twitter @ freda_dias