Vermicelli Idli’s! Who would have thought of making idli’s with vermicelli? May be it’s common, but I haven’t come across these before. So I when I first saw this on my FB foodie group, posted by Shobana ji who blogs at Cooking with Shobana, I knew I had to try this out immediately! Like most things that I dilly dally, in terms of trying out several of the recipes that interest me, having bookmarked like a million ( okay not million, but you get it, don’t you? ) I tried these soon enough!
It’s one of my favorite items to have on the breakfast/ brunch menu or a light dinner. Moreover my son liked it too, and if he does then I know that recipe is a keeper and ought to be repeated often. Just makes life so much simpler when you see your little one enjoy something 🙂
Vermicelli is such a great source of carbohydrates, and when combined with yogurt you get your dose of proteins as well. Addition of veggies boost the fibre and nutritional value of these healthy idli’s. Plus don’t you think they look attractive and inviting for the little ones? They won’t even know they had a wholesome meal thinking they ate something fancy! Do try it out guys, I’m sure it will end up on your favorite list too 🙂
Ingredients: Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml
2 cups unroasted Vermicelli
1 cup yogurt
3 green chillies, finely chopped
1″ piece fresh ginger, grated
1 tablespoon cilantro (dhania) leaves, chopped
1/2 cup grated carrots
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 tablespoon chana dal
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
Salt to taste
1. In a bowl, add the yogurt, grated carrot, salt to taste, finely chopped green chillies, grated ginger and mix well. Keep aside. Since I was making it for my son, I skipped the chillies.
4. After 10-15 minutes, add in the chopped cilantro, mix well.
5. Grease the idli moulds with a drop of oil and spoon the yogurt vermicelli mixture into each mould.
7. Switch off the gas and allow the pressure to settle down. Remove the idlis with the help of a butter knife. They come off very easily.
8. Serve it hot with chutney of your choice. I served with tomato chutney. You can find the recipe here.
I would love to hear from you , please feel free to share your feedback with photos and suggestions to me at email@example.com
You can also follow me on :
Facebook @ Aromaticessence
Pinterest @ Aromatic Essence
Instagram @ aromatic_essence77
Thanks for stopping by!