I really don’t need a reason to indulge on Indo-Chinese cuisine!!
What’s not to love about it?
– It’s all done in a matter of minutes, just the ideal quick-fix meal we all desire sometimes.
– Needless to say it’s delicious, the layers of umami flavor is surely what makes you drool at the thought of Indo-Chinese.
– I frankly don’t need a reason to make Indo-Chinese meals, coz no matter whatever dish you prepare, veg or non-veg, you’re palate and taste buds will thank you for the super scrumptious meal, and so will the rest of your family and friends.
Yes the only prep part is the chopping the veggies and prepping up the meat, if you are a novice at cooking, that skill will easily come along with experience. For a short cut, there are a variety of frozen stir fry veggie blends. That’s a great option as well 🙂
Cooking something as easy as a basic noodle, can be daunting for many folks. Well ask me, I’ve had my days and shares of sticky, gluey noodles, not very appetizing to look at I say. Mom always got her noodles right, but me! I couldn’t! I finally perfected it after a few failures, and now I never have to worry about sticky noodles. It doesn’t matter what brand you use, whether they are egg/eggless noodles. The trick is not overcooking them, cook it like you’d cook pasta, except that noodles cook in a relatively short time. You have to fish them out of the water as soon as it reaches the al dente stage, read instructions and pics for reference below. Want to hear a cheat’s trick? I use angel hair pasta or sometimes even cappellini pasta to make Chinese style noodles. Well I love pasta and Chinese, so heck, why not??
These schezwan noodles are spicy and loaded with veggies. Makes for quick and delicious weeknight meal. Schezwan sauce has basically everything you need, the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and tomato ketchup. You really don’t need to add anything else in this preparation except for the schezwan sauce. I prefer making a home made batch, It stay’s great for month’s in the refrigerator. You can find the recipe here. Or simply used store bought schezwan sauce!
Ingredients: Measuring cup used, 1 Cup = 250 ml
150 grams hakka noodles
1 teaspoon minced ginger
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1 cup green bell pepper julienne’s
1/2 cup yellow bell pepper julienne’s
1 cup carrot sticks
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 cup shredded red cabbage
3 spring onion/ scallion stalks
2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1.Prep your veggies, cut all the veggies lengthwise. Use whatever veggies you have at hand.
2.Bring water to boil in a pot, add salt and the hakka noodles. Do not break the noodles. Cook till al dente as per package instructions. Usually 3-4 or even 2-3 minutes are sufficient.
3.Drain the cooked noodles in a colander, to get rid of any starch.
4.Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil all over the noodles, mix in gently. Set aside.
5.Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok on high heat. Add in the ginger- garlic, saute until aromatic. Add white portion of scallion greens ( cut lengthwise). Saute for 30 seconds.
6.Next add bell peppers and carrots, saute for 1/2 a minute.
7.Throw in the cabbage next, saute for another 30 seconds.
8.Add the schezwan sauce, salt & pepper. Mix and saute for another 15 seconds.
9.Add in the noodles, mix gently with the help of two forks on high heat for another minute or two. Switch off the heat sprinkle with diagonally chopped scallion green/spring onion greens. Serve hot as is, or with any Indo-Chinese gravy.
- For a non veg version, saute thin strips of meat/ shrimp in little oil, until cooked through. Remove and set aside. Then proceed from step 5 until step 7. Add in the cooked meat/shrimp, mix and then proceed as mentioned under step 8 & 9.
- You can also throw in some scrambled egg on top.
- If you want your noodles to be a little tangy, drizzle some vinegar after adding in your noodles. Mix well.
I would love to hear from you , please feel free to share your feedback with photos and suggestions to me at email@example.com
You can also follow me on :
Facebook @ Aromaticessence
Pinterest @ Aromatic Essence
Instagram @ aromatic_essence77
Have a great week ahead!