Iced tea is one of my favorite beverages to beat the summer heat along with lemonade. Lemon and peach iced tea are my go to drinks! Nothing refreshes you like a cup of piping hot masala chai during the monsoons and winters. However during the summers, I prefer to have iced tea. The best part about iced tea is its an almost guilt free drink as tea itself is low on calories, making it a great choice as a summer beverage!
Why buy the bottled iced tea when it is so simple and cost effective to prepare at home! All you need is some tea bags or tea leaves, then just brew, get creative with flavors and enjoy healthier, homemade iced tea:)
Today it’s just a simple lemon iced tea! I ran out of mint leaves, just had few. Add loads of mint leaves to make it even more refreshing, and there you have your lemon mint iced tea 🙂
Ingredients : ( Serves 2) Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml
3-4 tea bags ( refer notes if using tea leaves)
3 cups water
3 tablespoons sugar/ honey/ agave nectar, adjust as per desired sweetness
Mint leaves, as required
Ice cubes, as required
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan. Once it boils, take it off the heat, and place the tea bags in the hot water. Let it steep for 3-5 minutes, depending on how strong you like it. Do not over brew the tea, or else it will taste bitter. Remove the tea bags, and add sugar or agave nectar. Stir to dissolve and set aside until it reaches room temperature. If you want to use honey as a sweetener instead, add it when the tea is fairly warm, about 42 degrees C.
- In the serving glass, squeeze juice of 1/2 a lemon, add in some mint leaves, about 1/2 cup of ice cubes and some lemon slices/wedges
- Pour in the sweetened tea prepared in Step 1. Gently stir to incorporate all the flavors.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon.
- If you have tea leaves , then simply brew the tea leaves in hot water , as per desired strength, strain and then sweeten as mentioned above.
I would love to hear from you , please feel free to share your feedback with photos and suggestions to me at aromaticessence77@